Abstract: For encouraging wireless network contineous improvement is important. this is done by comparing related protocol and resulting the efficient protocol. This paper shows the overview of IEEE 802.15.4 (x-bee), 802.11(wifi), 802.16 (wimax) and carefully observed the comparision between them on the basis of Throughput, PDR, Delay and energy through simulation on NS2s. On the basis of observed results, this paper proved the Efficient Standards among xbee wifi & wimax.
Keywords: Throughput ,End to end delay,Power consumption,Packet delivery ratio, NS2
1. Marina Petrova, Janne Riihij arvi,Petri Mahonen and Saverio Labella WTH Aachen University, Germany, “Performance Study of IEEE802.15.4 Using Measurements and Simulations”
2. "ZigBee Wireless Networking", Drew Gislason (via EETimes)IEEE P802.15.4/D18,”Draft Standard: Low Rate Wireless Personal”Area Networks, Feb. 2003.
3. Ms.Swati.V.Birje,Mr.Mahesh.S.Kumbhar,Mr.Raviraj.S.Patkar “Performance comparision of 802.11 and 802.15.4 based networks” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering.
4. Introduction to wifi technology, retrived on September 24, 2006 from www.wifitechnology.com
5. IEEE 802.16 and wimax;broadband wireless access for every one, Intel Corporation 2003, http://www.intel.com/ebuisness/pdf/wireless/intel/802.16_wimax.pdf
6. A.Wiling,”An architecture for wireless extension of profibus,”in proc.IEEE Int.conf.Ind.Electron.(IECON’03) ,Ronoku,VA, Nov2003,
7. Chan,H.Anthony. “ssoverview of Wireless data network standards and there implementation issues.”talk presented at the 12th ICT Cape Town(2005)
8. Morrow, R.”Wireless network coexistence”,McGraw-Hill:New York,NY(2004).
9. Conexaxant,single-chip WLAN Radio CX53111.New port beach,CA,2006.
10. E.Ferro and F.Potorti, “Bluetooth and Wifi wireless protocols:A survey and a comparision,”IEEE wireless communication ,vol.12,no.1,pp.12-16,feb2005
11. J.S.Lee, “performance evolution of IEEE 802.15.4 for low rate wireless sspersonal area network,”IEEE trans.consumer electron,vol.52.no.3,pp.742-749,august2006